If you are uploading your own video content to YouTube and you’re curious about how you can add thumbnails in YouTube Videos or change the thumbnails on your existing videos within the YouTube Account. YouTube Your YouTube Account.
Add Thumbnails to YouTube Videos
YouTube automatically creates three small video clips with each video you upload on YouTube and lets you select any of these three videos to use as an animated thumbnail to your YouTube video.
If you’re looking to make your YouTube videos more unique You are able to have your YouTube account checked by Google and gives you the ability to create Custom Thumbnail Images for your YouTube Videos.
Below, you will find the steps for adding Thumbnails on YouTube Videos by using three different methods.
- Include Thumbnails on YouTube Videos during uploading
- Edit or remove YouTube Video Thumbnails following upload
- Add Custom Thumbnails to YouTube Videos
1. Add Thumbnails to YouTube Videos While Uploading
When uploading Videos on YouTube and you’ll be asked to choose three thumbnails which YouTube automatically prepares for your uploaded video.
1. Go to YouTube and select the Sign-In option in the upper-right corner on your display.
2. Once you are authenticated, click the up Arrow icon.
3. Select the Video you’d like to post to YouTube.
4. After the Video is processed, you’ll be able to view 3 images under the “Video Thumbnails” section. You can choose any of these three images to be the thumbnails for the video you uploaded.
5. Click on the Done button to save the Video as well as the Thumbnail choice.
2. Add or Change YouTube Video Thumbnails
If you didn’t select a thumbnail when uploading your video, YouTube will automatically assign the thumbnail for your video.
But, you are able to alter your YouTube Videos Thumbnails with the help of the procedure listed below.
1. Go to YouTube and sign in on the account you have created on YouTube. YouTube account.
2. Click on the Profile Icon and then click on the Creator Studio option from the menu drop down.
3. Next, click on the Edit button on the right side of the video which you wish to include thumbnail.
4. On the next screen, you’ll find 3 video clips beside the Video. You can choose one among these Video clips to use as an animation thumbnail to your movie.
5. After making your choice, click the”Save” Changes button.
3. Add Custom Thumbnails to YouTube Videos
If you’re not interested in any of the three thumbnails generated automatically by YouTube You can also create custom thumbnails for YouTube videos.
NOTE: The privilege to customize thumbnails for YouTube videos is restricted to verified YouTube account holders.
1. Go to YouTube and sign in with the account you have created on YouTube. YouTube account.
2. Click on the Profile Icon and then click on the Creator Studio option on the menu drop down.
3. Next, click on the Edit button just below the video which you want to include thumbnail.
4. On the next screen you will see three tiny video clips below the video. Click the Custom thumbnail button, which is below the 3 videos.
5. Browse to the image you want to create an individual thumbnail on your computer , and then select the picture.
Notification: Custom thumbnail images require at least 640 pixels and must be less than 2 MB in size. Additionally, uploaded custom thumbnails must adhere to YouTube guidelines for community members.
A captivating thumbnail for YouTube videos could make viewers visit your YouTube videos as they show up in results of searches.
This will have a direct effect on the number of views your videos get on YouTube.