It’s very simple to change Date Format on Windows 10 to dd-mm-yyyy or mm-ddd-yyyyyy based on the country or region you currently reside in.
Change Date Format in Windows 10
The date formats that are used in different countries are different in accordance with the cultural and legal customs that are used by the respective countries.
For instance, mm-dd yyyyyy format is used extensively in United States, while United Kingdom, Australia and most European, South American, Middle Eastern and Asian Countries adhere to the dd-mm yyyyyy format.
The exception is China, Japan, South Korea and North Korea which follow YMD format.
It’s a good thing, Microsoft makes it really simple to alter the format of dates in Windows for users across the globe.
1. Steps to Change Date Format in Windows 10
Follow these steps to change the format of your date to a date format Windows 10.
1. Click on the Start button > Settings icon.
2. On the Settings screen, click Time & Language.
3. On the next screen, click Date & Time in the left pane. On the next screen, you can scroll down , and select Date, time as well as regional format.
4. On the next screen, scroll down , and click on the Change Data Formats Link.
5. On the next screen, you can use Short Date Fields to switch the format of your date on your PC from mm-dd-yyyyyy format to dd mm-yyyyyyyyy format or the reverse.